ABOUT AUCKLAND BASKETBALL:
Auckland Basketball Services Limited (ABSL) is the shared services organisation for three of NZ’s largest basketball Associations - Basketball Auckland, Counties Manukau Basketball and Waitakere West Auckland Basketball. It was set up to deliver basketball services across the region and to provide a strong, united voice for basketball communities across the region.
On behalf of its shareholder associations, ABSL aspires to be the leading regional basketball organisation in New Zealand delivering outstanding basketball experiences for athletes, officials, coaches and managers and inspiring a vibrant and inclusive basketball community across greater Auckland.
Basketball is one of the fastest growing sports in New Zealand and is on the verge of becoming the largest sport in New Zealand secondary schools. Auckland is at the epicenter of that growth in basketball. As part of a wider transformation programme, we are investing further in the development of Community Basketball to service the unsatisfied demand and to grow participation in this great sport.
Reporting into the General Manager of ABSL, the primary focus of this position is the sustainable creation and development of ABSL owned and operated Clubs across all stakeholder regions and the engagement and participation of independent clubs into ABSL programmes, events, and leagues.
This will include the development of a Community Growth Strategy and overseeing the implementation of local and regional Club strategies with the aim of driving engagement and growing participation in quality basketball for all local communities.
You will work closely and develop strong working relationships with other members of the ABSL management team and a wide range of community stakeholders including regional sport organisations, schools, community organisations & groups, volunteers and local ABSL and independent basketball clubs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A fundamental understanding and / or experience working in Community Sport.
• Understanding of community sport funding processes and developing programmes that can attract investment from external agencies would be well regarded.
• Outstanding relationship management skills and experience with diverse stakeholders.
• Proven background with successfully managing internal and external stakeholder relationships that have been critical to the achievement of targets and objectives.
• Experience developing and delivering both strategic and operational plans.
• A team player who can work in a collaborative and supportive manner that ensures superior team performance.
• Excellent project management, administrative and commercial competency
• Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for results
• Tertiary education in sports management and / or business is desirable
This is an exciting opportunity to support the community / grassroots game and increase overall participation and consumers of Basketball across greater Auckland.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Wednesday 29th July 2020
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com