GM Position Advertised
Location: Otago, Dunedin Work Type: Full Time
· Leadership role that will up your game
· Basketball in Otago is a growing sport that requires a true leader
· Dunedin based
Basketball Otago are the governing body of all that is fast paced, fun and full of action which every game never fails to deliver! Here in Otago, The Basketball Otago (BBO) team are passionate and committed to the growth, education and facilitation of the sport with current participation numbers of around 4,000 representative, competition and social leagues within the Otago region.
Fluid Recruitment are delighted to share the organisations vision for the sport, partnering with the governing body, we are seeking a General Manager to join the team in a full governance and leadership capacity.
The General Manager will be passionate about the sport, people and share a vision of growth and development for BBO and its future. Reporting directly to the Board, the successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes;
· Day to day management and control of finances including monthly reporting, budget forecasting and preparation of annual audit.
· A not-for-profit organization, an important function of the role is to facilitate and manage all fundraising initiatives, funding applications, developing key strategic relationships and partnerships.
· Work with the Board to ensure direction of the game is aligned with regional requirements, national programs and the long-term sustainability of the organization
· Annual business plans and implementation, leadership in programme management with a regional and national focus for the sports development
· Develop key relationships with stakeholders, sponsors, community organisations, education facilities, BBO staff and volunteers.
· A strong leader who is people focused and capable of managing communications, driving results, asking questions, leading people and developing the BBO brand and education of the sport
· An excellent communicator with the ability to see the bigger picture, self-driven and motivated
· Highly organized with a strong business acumen, people and delivery focus
· Experienced business leader with a focus on finance, strategic planning and strong general business acumen
This is a unique senior appointment and we seek the right person to continue the success and growth of the BBO, a fulltime permanent position with a competitive salary + company car.
The link to the role can be found here.
To apply in strict confidence click 'apply for this job' with your cv and cover letter, attention Kirsten Poole. Or, for a confidential chat, call me on 03 4677226.
You must be eligible to live and work in NZ to apply.